Are you thinking of hiring a virtual assistant or a freelancer to outsource a job? Or are you looking for an amazing opportunity to showcase your talent as a freelancer? Probably someone or some website recommended Upwork or Funnel Rolodex to you. Now all you have to do is sign up with them, create or make a job posting, then relax and wait.
Is it really that simple?
Obviously not. There are a lot more details that you need to know about these two online platforms before you decide which one to use. In this post, we will compare Funnel Rolodex and Upwork to help you see which one is more superior in offering services and catering to your needs. We will compare them by these three variables – service fees, level of competition, and payment security, which are all essential if you want to make the most out of your freelancing experience.
Funnel Rolodex is a place where you can outsource any funnel building task you don’t know how to do or where you can offer services related to building and optimizing funnels. Sales funnel is the solution designed to affect the decision of potential customers. In this way, business owners won’t have to struggle in pushing for a sale when doing digital marketing. It is important because it’s a useful model for visualizing the customer’s journey from initial awareness all the way through conversion. Funnel Rolodex gives you a rolodex of excellent service providers that can do all tasks related to sales funnels.
- Joining Funnel Rolodex is free and easy and will only take 5 minutes. You can either be a buyer who is looking for individuals who can help you get things done at an unbeatable price. Or be a seller and provide your services, create your gig and start selling. Also, know that the buyers don’t have to pay any fees in Funnel Rolodex because the fees come out from the seller’s income. Funnel Rolodex takes a 20% cut on the seller’s earnings on the marketplace.
Level of Competition
- Fewer users than other platforms. Since Funnel Rolodex was launched just 2 years ago, it is understandable that it has fewer users other than online marketplaces. Fewer users can mean limited freelancer choices or clients and low competition.
- The payment is Stripe-integrated. When you’re a buyer, you want to feel secure when purchasing anything. You want to make sure that what you are buying is guaranteed to be what it is represented to be. Otherwise, you’ll want your money back. Stripe is an online payment processing that allows Funnel Rolodex to place payments into an escrow account first. Then after completing the sale, it is released later on to the seller. This way getting refunds can be a lot easier.
Upwork is a good platform for freelancers to find work. Clients can post their own job listings and accept proposals from freelancers who want to work for them. Freelancers can earn money and propose their own rates based on the client’s budget. It is an easy-to-use website offering talent from freelancers of all backgrounds. It offers a wide spectrum of services, some of the most common are web, mobile and software development, admin support, writing, customer service, and so on. In other words, it is great with finding freelancers who can do just about anything!
- Their fees are quite hefty. In addition to paying to submit proposals using Connects that cost $0.15/each, UpWork also charges a percentage for each project based on your total billings. They charge a pretty sizable transaction fee (3% payment processing fee every time you pay a freelancer) and most freelancers charge higher rates as compared to freelancers on other platforms. Their fees range from 5% to 20% depending on your earnings. While every company needs to make money, the 20% fee for smaller projects feels like a hefty chunk out of total earnings. Along with the fees listed above, freelancers are also responsible for covering withdrawal fees. Those depend on the withdrawal method they use.
Level of Competition
- It’s difficult to get your first client. Upwork has a lot of competition in getting hired on your first project, and this can be very frustrating. It claims to have over 12 million registered freelancers and more than 5 million registered clients. This seems over-saturated that you’ll have freelancers and clients all competing in the same few markets.
- Getting paid is easy and provides security and peace of mind for clients. Payments are built-in to the system with the click of a button. Payments are automatically transferred into your Upwork account when you link your bank account. There is also the so-called Upwork Protection System which adds a level of security to payment processing for hourly and fixed-price projects. It consists of two sub-programs – the Upwork Hourly Protection and Upwork Fixed-Price Protection. The ‘Hourly Protection’ uses the features ‘Work Diary’ and ‘Team App’ to ensure that an hour worked is an hour paid, and an hour paid is an hour worked. On the other hand, the ‘Fixed-Price Protection’ uses an escrow to help ensure that clients get the work they’ve contracted for and that freelancers get paid for the work they deliver.
Which one is superior? It depends on what you’re looking for.
If you’re interested in raising your conversions and earning as an entrepreneur, then try building a sales funnel for your online business. Use Funnel Rolodex to outsource experts who can help you with everything you need that is funnel-related or if you’re well-versed with sales funnels, show your skills, and earn by signing up as a seller. Since the number of users is expected to build up in the coming years, now is the best time to join the platform and establish yourself as a service provider.
Meanwhile, if a freelancer to help you with your next project is what you’re looking for then Upwork is worth a look. There are a lot of great freelancers on the platform that can give you exactly what you need.
Make sure to check out our interview with Dave Woodward of Clickfunnels Radio, click here.